- Starts at 10.30am. Finishes at 3pm
- Duration: 4,5 hours
- Min people: 4 Max people: 10
Unveil the secrets of the Basque cuisine with our expert local chef. Visit La Bretxa food market and marvel at the quality of the raw material.
After buying the ingredient with our chef and local guide in the food market, enjoy some of the typical Basque recipes in a gastronomic society. Learn how to cook traditional dishes such as cod in pil pil sauce, squid in its own ink, fried or battered anchovies, clams in green sauce, cod or hake cheeks and a lot more!
The gastronomic societies are one of the pillars! of the Basque life and gastronomy. These are reserved spaces set up with a kitchen, which were traditionally joined only by men, and where only they can cook nowadays.! In these gastronomic societies, their members cook together, socialize and have fun sharing the kitchen and the table with other members, relatives or guests.
- Local bilingual guide and professional chef.
- La Bretxa Food Market visit.
- Stroll from La Bretxa food Market to the gastronomic society.
- Access to a private gastronomic society.
- Welcome drink.
- 100% hands-on class.
- Multi course lunch comprised of the dishes made in class.
- Selection of Spanish wines.
- Recipes by email.